Google chairman Eric Schmidt is in Asia this week and one part of his brief clearly appears to be reassuring Android phonemakers about Motorola.
"In general, with all of our partners, we told them that the Motorola deal will close and we will run it sufficiently and independently, that it will not violate the openness of Android...we're not going to change in any material way the way we operate," Eric Schmidt told reporters on his visit to South Korea on Tuesday.
-Reuters, November 8, 2011
Now the Motorola acquisition has not yet closed so this is just more verbiage so far. But Google is putting down some very public markers about how it plans to proceed.
Posted from WordPress for Android